Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cilantro Basil Pesto (NUT-FREE!)




Ingredients:
1. One bunch of basil
2. Half a bunch of cilantro
3. ½ cup of olive oil
4. Balsamic Vinegar

Trader Joes used to have this amazing cilantro basil pesto. I could eat it with a spoon. It was SO GOOD. It's been a few years since they have had it, so I figured I had just better make my own! So, here is my own version of this addicting combo!

Wash and clean your cilantro and basil. Put all ingredients in a blender, food processor, or whatever you have. Don't worry about the stems. They are completely fine to eat! Put a few dashes of your balsamic vinegar in and blend it up until it is evenly blended throughout. Use on pasta or make a pizza and use this instead of red sauce. You won't even miss the pinenuts that are usually found in pesto. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment